The annual Playtime event series begins tomorrow. Featuring presentations from the product team and insights from local Google experts. For those of you who aren’t attending in person this year, here’s a preview of the product news we’ll be sharing to help you grow a successful business on Google Play over the long term.
Check out the top five updates in the video below, or read the full list.
More ways to increase growth and engagement
This year, we’ve made improvements to three of our most impactful services: custom store listings, deep linking pages in the Play Console, and Google Play Games for PC.
Custom store listing You can optimize conversion rates and acquisition by creating different messages for different user segments. Many of you are already using our 50 custom store listings to tailor your messages to country, pre-listing status, Google Ads campaigns, or inactive users.
Now you can create and manage lists more easily with the following features:
- Save the list as a draft To continue editing later
- List reservation Publish when you want and for the period of time you choose
- list test with a portion of the audience prior to launch.
Last year we launched a new Play Console page dedicated to: deep link It helps you discover additional opportunities for growth and engagement. This page displays broken deep links and provides detailed instructions on how to fix them, as well as reviews parent website URLs and deep link status to help you streamline your web-to-app mapping.
This year we’ve revamped our pages with new metrics and insights to help you get the most out of your deep linking strategy. Now you can:
- If your landing page is Your ad campaign is deep linked
- reference Percentage of best performing URLs You can see where there are opportunities to drive more users to your app.
- Find out what Percentage of users who installed the app The URL will be open inside the app.
For game developers we Google Play Games for PC This is a beta version to help us grow our user base. We have seen tremendous growth since we launched the program last year. Google Play Games for PC currently offers over 3,000 titles, including Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Free Fire MAX, and Angry Birds 2, to users in over 120 countries.*. Learn more about how Google Play Games for PC accelerated growth by improving the quality of gaming experiences.
Multiple ways to achieve your monetization goals
We’re rolling out new features to our commerce platform to help you better monetize your leads, optimize your pricing, reach more buyers, and manage user purchases more efficiently.
At this year’s I/O we In-app product pricing experiment, allowing you to test price points and optimize local purchasing power at scale. In the next month you will be able to:
- Save your experiment as a draft to edit later
- Remove underperforming variants During the experiment
- View alert notifications Potential Pricing Issues
- ‘Win’ price applied Applies to all products in the experiment
We also started Minimum/maximum price range automatic update A new Play Console inbox will appear to reflect exchange rate fluctuations against the US dollar. Notify me whenever a price adjustment is recommended Among in-app products
We’ve also made several updates to help you better reach customers around the world. New features now allow us to more efficiently display available products and offers to our users based on regional availability. getBillingConfigAsync API, provide your country for Google Play. Our Extensive payment method library PayPay eWallet and cash top-ups are now available as popular payment methods at over 14,500 Lawson stores across Japan, over 18,000 7-Eleven stores in Mexico, ShopeePay eWallet in the Philippines, Verve Card in Nigeria and UnionPay Card in China. do. Select East Asia and Southeast Asia markets.
Real-time developer notifications will soon be expanded to include: Notifications for one-time purchases and Voided Purchase Examples include cancellations, reversals, chargebacks, etc. This gives you better visibility and helps you better manage your purchases, including faster eligibility adjustments and taking action against potential fraud and abuse.
We also Continued Commitment to User Choice Billinggives you more flexibility and choice when monetizing on Google Play. Developers who sign up for User Choice Payments can offer additional payment systems alongside Google Play in over 35 markets. And now, we Alternative Payment API It is available to participating developers with users across these markets. As APIs become integrated, developers can expect a more streamlined experience.
- User selection screen rendered from Google Play: You no longer need to build and maintain information and/or selection screens as required by UX guidelines.
- Developer-provided billing settings in the Play Console: Manage alternative payment settings for eligible apps, including marketplace listings, payment method logos, and more.
- Simplified Transaction Reporting: Remove manual touchpoints
- Google Play Popular Charts: Transactions reported via API are reflected in the popularity charts.
- Improved reporting: Transactions reported through the API enable more detailed developer reporting, including exchange rates, associated app package IDs, service fee rates, and more.
Help us deliver high-quality experiences
To deliver experiences people will love, we continually invest in new tools, features, and programs that help you build high-quality apps and games. As a reminder, we measure quality against four core pillars: core values, user experience, technical quality, privacy, and security.
For example, we App bundle size limit increased from 150MB to 200MB Help us deliver more features to improve our core values and user experience. Because Play continues to deliver only relevant content, users see improved functionality without increasing app size.
To help improve the quality of our technology, we are pleased to announce the following: What’s new in Android Vitals Monitor your titles against device-specific incorrect behavior thresholds and help you effectively manage and debug issues. Now you can:
- Monitor and detect problems. Roll out releases with essential hourly data
- Analyze long-term trends in technology performance. 3 years of Android Vitals data
- Prioritize devices based on business impact Business metrics by device Store listing impressions, average rating, daily active device metrics, etc.
- get Notifications via email and Play Console inbox When the device-specific incorrect behavior threshold exceeds 8%
- Analyze Android Vitals crash event data and potential fixes along with your code. Directly from within Android Studio with App Quality Insights
- Give permission to Play Console team members Limited access to app quality data only
Finally, to provide users with the best experience on the go, we have recently New Play Console appHere you can:
- Monitor the metrics you care about
- View and respond to reviews
- Monitor and manage your apps across tracks and releases.
- Manage app orders and process refunds
- Get messages from Google Play
Protect your business with Play Integrity API
Over the past few years, we’ve continued to invest in our Play Integrity API to ensure users experience apps and games the way developers intended.
Today we are announcing several major updates, including:
- low latency Play Integrity API standard request is leaving beta Now available to all developers, it delivers 10x faster integrity checks.
- all New optional Play Protect signal Check whether Play Protect is turned on or off and whether any known malware is detected.
- all New Play Integrity API reports and improved controls in the Play Console Analyze and analyze API responses across your installed base to help you discover issues and adjust your abuse prevention strategies.
- SDK providers can now set up and manage Play Integrity API integrations using: Google Play SDK ConsoleYou can control quotas and customize API responses.
We hope you take advantage of all these new features to continue growing your business on Google Play. Please continue to share your feedback so we can build the tools you need to fuel your growth. Thank you for joining the Google Play Community.